Thank you for using WordPress Snippets!
We value your privacy as our own, we try to collect only what is necessary and we do our best to make sure your information is stored securely on our servers.
Information We Collect
We collect information in two ways – information that you provide to us by interacting with the website and information that we collect automatically by one of the 3rd party services we use.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us and depends on how you interact with the website.
- Snippet Rating – If you upvote or downvote a snippet we collect your IP Address and save it in our database.
- Comments – When you leave a comment on a specific snippet we collect your Name, Email Address, IP Address and User Agent.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect information automatically when you use the website.
- Tracking – We use Google Analytics in order to track and learn how you interact with our website.
How We Use Information
We use the collected information mentioned above as follows:
- Analyze and Monitor Trends – To better understand how users interact with the website in order to improve it and enhance your experience.
- Monitor and Protect – To detect attempts of illegal activities, fight spam and protect the integrity and safety or the information stored in our database.
How We Share Information
Your privacy is very important to us, however we may share the information we collect in certain circumstances.
- Required by Law – If your information will be subpoenaed by court order or other governmental request.
- 3rd Party Vendors – We may share your information with 3rd party vendors like Google Analytics in order to understand how you interact with the website.
- With Your Consent – We may share information with your consent.
We are committed to protecting your information and the integrity of it. To do so we use several technologies and measures to protect your information, including a daily backup of the database.
In case you have any questions about the security of your personal information, feel free to contact us as [email protected].
We retain your information indefinitely or until you will contact us with a request to remove your information from our database.
Upon a request to delete your information we might choose to anonymize it instead of removing it with your consent.
In case you would like to review the personal information we collected from you, we can do so within 30 days of your request.
You may request to view, anonymize or remove your personal information from our database by contacting us at [email protected].
You may still use the website without sharing your information. If you don’t leave a comment or rate a snippet we will not gather any personal information.
In most modern browsers you are able to set your browser to reject cookies automatically.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information we store or how we store and handle the data, feel free to contact us as [email protected].
Last Update – June 4h, 2020.
Appendix A – Served Cookies
A description of the first and third party cookies served by the website are listed below:
|Essential||CloudFlare||Our website uses CloudFlare in order to protect and enhance the experience while using the website.|
|Functionality||wp-snippet-favs||Holds a list of snippet ids that the user marked as favorites.|
|Remembers the user name and email address if the user left a comment.|
|Analytics||Google Analytics||Google Analytics gathers your page views and interactions for us to better understand trends and how to improve your experience.|